As cooler weather nears, it’s time to start thinking about your lawn and how you can protect it from the winter months.
You want to make sure your lawn is green and plush during the spring so you must prepare now.
There are several steps that must be taken to ensure you have the greenest lawn in your neighborhood:
- Perform your last cut for warm-season grasses—such as zoysia and Bermuda—at the end of October or early November.
- Keep both warm and cool season grasses a little higher. This will help keep the roots of your grass insulated for the winter.
- De-thatch your lawn to allow your lawn to breath and grow.
- Keep lawn free of debris like limbs, pine straw and leaves. Again this allows you lawn to breath and receive adequate sunlight.
Call Signature Lawn Service today @ 678-995-3141 to schedule your winter (Holiday) cleanup service.
• Perform your last cut for warm-season grasses—such as zoysia and Bermuda—at the end of October.
• Keep both warm– and cool-season grasses a little higher. “This helps keep the roots insulated for the winter,” says Rick Kaldrovics of Outside Landscape Group.
• Get a soil test done for cool-season grasses such as fescue. This is fairly inexpensive and will provide you with information on what kind of fertilizer to use, how much and when to apply. “It’s a foolproof way to have a gorgeous lawn this year,” Goulding says.